December 30, 2007

Rate the Hate Version Last Minute

See, I skip one little week and I totally forget the one structured thing on this blog. Bad, naughty, evil blogger.

So, yes, Santa loves me and brought me every stinking thing on my list. I wrote a long list because I usually write short lists (cheap) and Santa is left to his own powers of deduction to figure out gifts for me, which usually end up being too-small sweaters. Santa thinks I am much hotter than I actually am. This year, I figured I would help Santa out by giving him lots of options. Some of them were quite expensive options. I really crossed my fingers and hoped for one of those items to show up under my tree with all my new titty-shirts. They all did. Except the vacuum. Santa has issues with giving vacuums, and I really can't blame him.

I'm going somewhere with this, really. One of those items was this, the Cuisinart Grill thingy they came out with not too long ago. I saw it on t.v. and had to spend a few minutes "alone". Seriously, sha-wing. It is my new boyfriend and we totally messed around the other night.Those are ham and cheese paninis. Leftover Christmas ham may just be the greatest food in the universe. Ham and cheese paninis are in no way remarkable, but here's where it gets good.

2of3 hates ham. I may disown him over this, but it is true. I hate bacon, so I can't judge too harshly. Ham and cheese paninis do not work for him, so I came up with a fast alternative. The paninis are just ham, sharp white cheddar, deli mustard and mayo on ciabatta. The sandwich next to that, though, is all the same minus the ham and plus a sliced apple.

That's right; a Braeburn apple.

Seriously? This sandwich is so good I could DIE. So, ciabatta bread, good mustard, mayo, white cheddar (not the sliced crap, get the good deli stuff), sliced crisp apples; throw it all on a panini press. If you don't have one, well, if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. They rock so bad it hurts.

Labels: