October 13, 2007

I was going to let this one go

I really was. I mean, one can only hear so much of the 'my kid is so cute and lovely' blahdidie-blah-blah before grows tired of it. I tried to spare you from this, but it just can't be helped. I could have, I suppose, gone the whole rest of my life never mentioning to you that my teency wittle baby wrapped her legs around my waist the other day, squeezed my neck as tight as she could and said, "Happy, momma" *sniffle* but then it wouldn't make sense, context-wise, when I told you tonight (and I have to tell you tonight) that just now, not 2 minutes ago, I laid that same angel straight from heaven down into her bed and kissed her ni-night and then started to walk out of her room, like I always do, and she looked at me and said, "Momma?" I stopped, walked back over to her and said, "Yes, baby?" And she, oh my, she looked up at me and said, "I love you, momma." *sob*

She said I love you. To ME. I can die now.

(In case you're wondering, she's never said that before. We're not exactly at sentences just yet.)

Labels: