November 01, 2007

Pirates and Ninjas and Devils, oh my!

NabloPoMo post #1

Welcome to November, kids. It's officially the month of carpal tunnel here at Chez Mr. Lady. First, old business:

The votes are in. The kids pictures? We went with #1 and #3, even though the votes swayed another way, because Mr. Mr. Lady liked them the best, and I really needed him to write the check for them. He with the money holds the power. And, at your request, this month will be filled with sex, with secret loves, with phobias and with the greatest hits of Mr Lady's past 32 years. Also, I am doing a 5-day set of love letters to the cities I've lived in, which I am totally, completely and unabashedly stealing the idea of from Dawn (and thanks for the reminder, dude).

I am sadly disappointed that none of you picked religion, because that's what I do best (but watch and see how I sneak that in this month) and Globalization vs. Local Markets, because I have been brewing up quite a segment on that one for a while, but just haven't had a great reason to devote a chunk of time to it yet. *Sad face* Your 4 choices are good ones, though; I have definitely had sex 3 whole times, I have a walk-in closet full of secrets, I am the world's biggest chicken and though my life has been little more than ordinary, it's got a lot to poke fun at. Tomorrow, with all that.

New business: Happy Hallowe'en! How much did your rock? Mine? Gorgeous in every way. For the first time in a very long time, we made it out the door without one single Harry Potter (it appears we're passing that torch to The Kid, who certainly can rock it). Argh, maties, we had ourselves a pirate...
and what was that? That stealthy shadow lurking in the dark? Oh, wait, it's just my little ninja... and not so much a costume as a definition, I offer you Satan herself... 3of3 made friends with a duckie...Dad had a freaking awesome birthday cake (*ahem*)... and then the whole city lit fireworks for his birthday. You'd think he was Emperor Ming or something...Did you know that fireworks are PART OF Halloween here in Vancouver? Neither did I! They totally are. It's one of the days of the year that they are legal. Which is awesome awesomeness.

Both fireworks and firecrackers are a popular tradition during Halloween in Vancouver, although apparently this is not the custom elsewhere in Canada. The only known fireworks used during All Hallows' Eve in the United States is the annual "Happy Hallowishes" show at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom "Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party" event, which began in 2005.
And so ended Halloween this year. One of us got old (and it sure does look like one of us went and had a little jazz cigarrette) 2 of us got cavities and one of us spent the better part of last night trying to wipe off Robert Smith eye make-up.
Loads more at FlickR....

Labels: