January 26, 2008

If loving you is wrong...

...then I am so very, very wrong.

A typical Friday night at Chez Mr Lady:
  • Dinner
  • Movies
  • Harrass OHMommy on gmail chat
Last night?

That's right. I brushed my teeth and went out with girls. My neighbor had a birthday this weekend, and we spent the night drinking our dinner straight up schwanky-style.

In celebration of doing it like the humans do, my recipe this week is for Stay at Home Mommy Martinis, aka Shit-tons of Coffee Martinis. All you have to do is....
  • Combine 2 oz Vanilla vodka (use Stoli or something equally or more not-sucky)
  • 1 oz Kahlua
  • 3 tbsp brewed and chilled espresso (me likey the Starbucks)
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 3 espresso beans to garnish, if you're feeling fancy-pants
Shake the crap out of it. Use a martini shaker or, dare I say it, a sippy cup without the pluggy thing in it*, filled with ice. You want to shake it, like, 30 times so it gets a little frothy.

Pour it in a chilled martini glass and go drunk dial someone.

So, what did you drink cook for dinner this week?

*Dudes, they make the VERY BEST martini shakers. Try it; you'll see.

Labels: