September 13, 2007

In the kitchen

I am tired. Why? Because yesterday after 12 hours and 4 airplanes, Josh came home. And he liked my hair. And we stayed up awwwll night long....
...
...
...
...
...
Watching Top Chef.

Do you ever watch that show? I, personally, have never missed an episode. I heart it. I don't love how the producers get to keep some people who clearly need to go, just for dramatic flare. But otherwise, I think it's fun. I like to think of how I would do on the challenges they give, and usually I'd do amazingly, astonishingly badly. Last nights', however, I instantly had a really great idea for. It was upscale BBQ. I think I'd have won that one, for sure. The only other one in the history of the show that I knew without a doubt I would have nailed was the one where they had to cook a meal and the only ingredients they could use had to be purchased at a convenience store. Kwik-E-Mart cooking? Yeah, I've got that.

And so, in honor of my very hot welcome home night with my husband, today's picture is of me. In a kitchen. It's killing me to show you this, by the way.

This was taken by my friend Jen, and I think that maybe I'm just 21 in it? Why, yes, my shirt DOES say "Oregon Makes Me Wet". How kind of you to notice! (It's a pun, a play on words? Get it? Dude, that was seriously my favorite shirt. I said I had a great ass; I NEVER said I had taste.) I had this habit of running around, vacuuming, answering doors, whatever, in nothing more than a t-shirt and a pair of undies. Just ask the-other-Josh. He and my friend JD came over to say hi one day and I answered the door in a different t-shirt, but dressed just like you see me up there. Fun part? I locked myself out. Funner part? Josh & JD had to scale my townhouse to try to get on the roof to try to break in a window. That failed, but we did find some G.I. Joe paratroopers on the roof whose parachutes had never been used and ended up having a grand old time waging warfare on each other. Of course, I was wearing next to nothing at the time, and I'd be willing to wager that Josh and JD had a significantly better, if not less self-conscious, time than I did.

Anyway, I like to cook, it rains alot in Oregon, Josh and I have been married way too long. And there's your Wednesday dose of pictorial horror.

Labels: